Renting a home or condo for your next trip on the Crystal Coast has tons of benefits. You get your own place with a living room, private kitchen, multiple bedrooms, and more. But when it comes to how to rent a vacation home, many travelers don’t know where to start.
At Spectrum Properties, we don’t want to simply book your rental, we want to help you plan a full vacation experience that you will remember for years to come.
When should I consider a vacation rental over a hotel or motel?
- If you’re traveling with a large group, or a family, and need extra room. (However, we also have smaller vacation rentals for one or two people.)
- If you don’t like being bothered by housekeepers or room service, or being in close to other guests, as you would be in a hotel.
- If you want the amenities found in a home, like a full kitchen, a pool, or a living room and game room.
- If you value the cost savings and convenience vacation rentals offer, such as the ability to prepare meals, store snacks, or split multiple bedrooms with your friends and family, as well as the availability of in-home entertainment.
- If you enjoy getting together with family and friends in a home-like environment, with the benefit of your own space and privacy, inside and out.
Professionally managed and “by owner” vacation rentals
A vacation home is a vacation home, right? Well, not necessarily. At some level, you’re getting essentially the same or a similar product no matter who you’re renting from, but behind the scenes, there are some noteworthy differences.
Above all, a professionally managed rental will come with a baseline level of services, such as cleaning prior to check-in, towels, and linens, and assurance that everything will be in working order when you check-in.
If you run into minor problems such as a TV that doesn’t work, or a refrigerator that isn’t making crushed ice, we will send someone from our Spectrum Properties maintenance team. We will do our best to take care of these repair requests as soon as possible.
A management company like ours provides a 24-hour customer service contact in case something happens while you’re renting. We pride ourselves on top-notch customer service. Our office is open from 9-5 daily and we have an after-hours emergency line.
Choose the perfect location
When choosing a vacation rental, the perfect location is vital. Consider the trip you’re taking and what activities you’d like to do while you’re there. Do you want to be in the heart of the action or in a more relaxed setting?
You’ll want to consider proximity to the beach, restaurants, and attractions. Check out our Spectrum Picks page for some of our curated favorites. Click here for an up-to-date Crystal Coast event calendar.
We manage properties all along the Crystal Coast. Tell us what you are looking for, and we find the right fit.
Consider your budget
How much are you willing to spend on accommodations? Once you have a figure in mind, you can start to narrow down your options. For example, if you’re looking for a luxury rental, you’ll need to be prepared to spend a bit more than you would on a standard rental.
However, there are plenty of ways to save money on vacation rentals if you’re willing to be flexible with your dates and destination. Keep all this in mind as you search for the perfect rental property.
Time to book!
Now that you know how to choose a vacation rental, it’s time to start planning your next trip!
You can book 24 hours a day on our website, and at Spectrum Properties, we make every effort to ensure the information you see is accurate. If you need additional information or have questions after your reservation has been made, just give us a call!