1. Eat a shrimp burger from El’s Drive In
A delicious classic with fried shrimp, cole slaw, and ketchup.
2. Hike one of Fort Macon’s nature trails
Beautiful scenery and a great workout.
3. Visit Shackleford Banks and see the wild horses
Yup, that’s right, an island with wild horses.
4. Rent a golf cart on Ocracoke Island
A quaint beach town just a ferry ride away from the Crystal Coast.
5. Order baked oysters at Amos Mosquitos
Our local favorite quirky restaurant and bar.
6. Watch sharks from the Emerald Isle Pier
Or even just enjoy the breathtaking views.
7. Walk through the aquarium in Pine Knoll Shores
It’s such a great place for kids of all ages.
8. Have dessert at AB Ice Cream
And visit our town movie theater right next door!
9. Get a slice from Michaelangelo’s Pizza
Featuring NY style “fold-it-in-half” pizza slices.
10. Buy a t-shirt from AB Surf Shop
If you know someone from Carteret County, 9 times out of 10, they own at least 4 of these shirts.
11. Spend the night at a beachfront property
Our beautiful Suncatcher oceanfront rental property houses four bedrooms and three baths, and sits seconds from the water. Enjoy amazing views at an amazing price at this or any of our other spectacular oceanfront rentals!
All images from Google Images
Written by Megan LeClair • Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org • LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/meganeleclair