Welcome to the Crystal Coast!
Looking for some fun? Here are some family friendly activities available in our area:
- Island Water Sports– Enjoy kayaks, paddle boards, boat rentals, jet skis and more! http://h20sportsrentals.com/
- Fort Macon State Park- Learn about North Carolina history at this Civil War Era Fort. There are beautiful hiking trails, fishing activities, fort tours and much more. This historic site is a perfect place for a day out to the beach to swim and have a pick-nick too. Visit this website for more information about the fort and tour dates. http://www.ncparks.gov/fort-macon-state-park
- Cape Lookout National Seashore- Get a close-up view of the Cape Lookout Lighthouse and spend the day relaxing at the beach! http://www.islandexpressferryservices.com/rates.html Additional Links-
- Beaufort Paddle- Experience paddle boarding, kayak fishing, local tours, and kayak and paddle board lessons. http://www.beaufortpaddle.com/
- The North Carolina Aquarium at Pine Knoll Shores- See the sharks, jelly fish, and other unique creatures at the aquarium. Nature trails along the water and children “touch tanks” are also a part of the exhibits. http://www.ncaquariums.com/pine-knoll-shores-plan-your-visit
- The Shackleford Ponies- Come out to see the wild horses on Shackleford Banks! Experience the beautiful beaches and views while you ride out to the protected beach where the horses live. Ferry services available. http://www.islandexpressferryservices.com/rates.html
Stay relaxed and happy with these upcoming events:
- Alive at Five- Come out and listen to live music in downtown Morehead! Soft drinks, waters, wine and beer for sale. Bring a lawn chair or beach blanket and have the downtown experience. Summer of 2016 live bands and dates are listed here. http://www.downtownmoreheadcity.com/alive_five.html
- Morehead City Marlins Baseball Games- Take your family out to the ball game! Have an evening full of excitement at our local baseball stadium in Moreahead City. Drinks and food sold in the stadium. There’s nothing better than baseball on a nice summer night. http://www.mhcmarlins.com/landing/index
Hungry? Seafood and local favorites:
- Enjoy a scenic night along the water in downtown Morehead. There are a lot of local favorites located here. Ruddy Duck Tavern is a great atmosphere with burgers, sandwiches, and awesome seafood. Also, located a short walk down the street is the Sanitary restaurant where fresh seafood has been a specialty since it opened in 1938. Fine dining includes Parrot’s on 11th. Other great restaurants located here are the Red Fish Grill, Full Circle, Beach Bumz, Off the Hook, and Sammy’s.
- Beaufort has a lot of dining options. Casual dining includes restaurants such as the Dock House and Clawson’s, while more fine dining includes wonderful restaurants such as Beaufort Grocery, Stillwater, and City Kitchen.
- Looking for a nice experience for both kids and adults? Amos Mosquito’s located in Atlantic beach creates a fun atmosphere for children and offers a wide range of original dishes including fresh seafood.
- The Beaufort waterfront is the place to be! Walk down the downtown area of Beaufort to find local boutiques, gift shops and other fun stores! Island Proper, Beaufort Linen, Kitty Hawk Kites, and Jarrett Bay are some of the shops you will find on the waterfront. Also enjoy some ice cream at the general store!
- Looking for our surf shops? Head over to Atlantic Beach to find beachy stores including Wings, AB Surf Shop, Marsh’s Surf Shop, Tony’s Surf Shop, and Bert’s Surf Shop
- On highway 70 you can find the shopping centers for shopping and other necessities. Belk, TJ Maxx, Walmart, Bed Bath and Beyond, and others are located here.
We hope you have a fabulous time while visiting our coast!